• A sea turtle called Archelon lived on earth with dinosaurs.
• A Hawksbill sea turtle eats sponges and is not a friend of SpongeBob.
• A Leatherback sea turtle can dive 4,000 feet (3/4 of a mile) to feed on
jellyfish and can grow to 2,000 pounds (1 ton).
• A baby sea turtle uses a “can-opener” to get out of their egg.
It’s called an egg tooth.
• Sea turtles “cry” to regulate the salt content in their body.
• Sea turtles “Dig the Dark.” Lights distract and disorient nesting sea turtles
and their hatchlings.
• Sea turtles can eat plastic bags and balloons, mistaking them for jellyfish.
• A Green sea turtle is a herbivore. It eats sea grass.
• The sex of a sea turtle is determined by the temperature in its nest.
• You can save sea turtles by following Fletch’s Four Environmental “R’s”
and a “C” each day.